High Performance Application Awareness for SASE
Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solutions deliver integrated networking and security as an agile cloud service, with traffic from remote (or edge) locations being routed through local access points (Points of Presence, or PoPs) to connect users to the data and computing resources they need without having to backhaul traffic through a faraway data center.
Enea Qosmos ixEngine
Next-Gen DPI Engine for SASE
Enea Qosmos ixEngine® is an embedded next-generation Deep Packet Inspection (NG DPI)-based traffic intelligence engine that recognizes and classifies over 4300 protocols. It uses advanced analytics to non-intrusively extract real-time information about applications, services, content, users, devices, transactions and security from traffic flows.
Developed specifically for integration into third-party applications, Enea Qosmos ixEngine provides the accurate, granular application awareness that is critical to every core SASE networking and security function, from network access to traffic steering to firewalling. And it can be flexibly deployed at the Edge, in the Data Center, or in the Cloud.
Commercial-Grade Traffic Intelligence
Vendors may use different architectures for their SASE solutions, but they all need universal, real-time application awareness. This is a must-have for every networking and security function within SASE, such as SD-WAN, NGFW (Next-Generation Firewall), CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker), SWG (Secure Web Gateway), DLP (Data Loss Prevention) and TDR (Threat Detection and Response).
For real-time application awareness in SASE, you need a commercial-grade NG DPI-based traffic intelligence engine, such as Enea Qosmos ixEngine.
Deploy Enea Qosmos ixEngine Wherever and However You Need
Enea Qosmos ixEngine for SASE
Fast Ramp Up
- Reduces technical complexity of SASE solutions
- Enables innovation, including ML- & AI-based enhancements
- Enables a better customer experience
- Accelerates time-to-market
Maximum Visibility with Unique Insights
- Accurate classification of 4300+ protocols
- Classification of encrypted and evasive traffic
- Extraction of 1000s of types of application, service, user, device, transaction and flow metadata
- First Packet Advantage (industry-leading 1st packet classification)
- Network (and containerized cloud) function virtualization to support single-pass DPI architectures
- Modules for custom signatures and file inspection, and a customizable rules engine and device classification engine
“Application awareness is essential for SD-WAN and SASE solutions, but many conventional traffic classification engines score poorly in accuracy, granularity, and performance. A solution like Enea’s First Packet Advantage that operates with high accuracy in first packet mode, brings improved protection and performance to vendors and end-customers.”Roy Chua, Founder and Principal, AvidThink
Traffic Visibility: The Fast Path to SASE Success