Major Challenges Faced by Operators:
Can customers’ access be protected from unwanted content/sites?
Can traffic be analyzed & packet inspected to avoid revenue loss?
Can all the traffic be analyzed for consumption and capacity trends?
DPI Classification & Monetization Use Cases
The combination of Enea’s core platform, encrypted traffic analysis, deep packet inspection – Traffic Classifier (using Enea’s Qosmos ixEngine) and enforcement capability with Traffic Filter provide operators with a comprehensive toolkit for the following use cases:
- Parental Content Filtering – eg block malware, phishing, adult sites
- Enterprise BYOD Content and Policy Control; Regulator Enforced Policy
- Advanced Access – time of day/day of week; app and activity based oversight and enforcement
- Domain Fronting – ensuring sites are not using a front to bypass control; detecting & blocking Anonymizing Proxies trying to bypass controls
- Fraud Detection – enforce the right application policy for the network identified user and device; priority setting (QoS) for app and activity
- DNS Tunneling detection and enforcement
- Information shared with OTT partners is controlled using operator policies, partnership agreements and optional consumer consent
- Compliance with privacy regulations such as EU’s GDPR
Enea’s virtualized DPI and categorization software components provide an agile, comprehensive, network-based solution for analysis, classification, and enforcement.
Traffic filter and management capabilities combine with traffic classification and analysis to deliver a comprehensive set of use cases so that users and revenue can be assured at the same point in-network data path.
Protect Your Users
Protect Your Revenue
The Future of Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
A Survey of Product Managers Reveals the Top Challenges Facing Telecom, Networking & Security Solution Vendors
The solution also uses the best in class embedded DPI signatures of Enea’s Qosmos ixEngine
Looking for Embedded DPI ?
Operators seeking to improve their financial performance should consider Enea’s Traffic Filter solution as they migrate and scale into the networks of tomorrow