Detailed Traffic Visibility up to Layer 7
Qosmos ixEngine® is a commercial grade, next-generation Deep Packet Inspection (NG DPI) and classification engine that recognizes over 4000 protocols and applications, more than any other Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) engine on the market.
Delivered as a Software Development Kit (SDK), it is composed of software libraries, modules and tools that are easily integrated into new or existing solutions. Developers of networking and security products benefit from market-leading traffic identification techniques and next-generation network intelligence technology to bring detailed, real-time traffic visibility to their solutions up to Layer 7. Developed specifically for integration into third-party applications, Enea’s next-generation DPI engine, Qosmos ixEngine, removes the need to develop in-house protocol recognition capabilities, simplifying product development and accelerating delivery and time-to-market.
Identification of over 4000 Protocols and Applications
Real-time, detailed traffic information inside networking and cybersecurity solutions
Classification of Encrypted and Evasive Traffic
Essential for cloud networking and security solutions such as SD-WAN, SASE and SSE
Next-Generation DPI Engine Overview
- Identification of protocols and applications behind each IP flow using a combination of advanced techniques including stateful inspection, behavioral and statistical analysis, heuristics, machine learning, etc.
- Extraction of metadata and metrics related to applications, services, data, users, devices, and traffic flows
Protocol Plugin Bundle and Updates
- Qosmos’ protocol plugin bundle includes thousands of protocol and application plugins to classify flows and extract metadata.
- Our labs continuously monitor protocols and applications updating protocol plugins to ensure they are always up-to-date
Learn more about our protocol expertise
First Packet Advantage
- Enables outstanding SD-WAN and SASEperformance through a unique first packet processing capability
- Features an innovative, multi-tier cache system that includes hundreds of millions of continuously updated, DPI-validated IP addresses for unrivaled accuracy
Evasive Traffic Pack
- Supports advanced anomaly and threat detection, including potential MITM attacks, with a dedicated suite of evasive traffic classification plugins
- Coverage includes evasive techniques like complex tunneling, file spoofing, domain fronting, and the use of covert communication channels, VPNs, anonymizers and more
- Protects data privacy while preserving the network traffic visibility required for network orchestration, performance management, and cybersecurity
- Methodologies include statistical and behavioral analysis, machine learning, DNS-based classification and the use of the First Packet Advantage cache
Custom Signature Module
- Allows users to develop custom protocol plugins that are integrated in the Qosmos ixEngine framework at run time
Deep File Inspection Module
- Identifies exchanges of suspicious files (i.e. incorrect / fake types or encrypted)
- Performs basic checks for malware detection and Data Leak Prevention
Rule Engine Module
- Executes customer-defined rules at run-time on output from classification and metadata extraction
- APIs configure rules and load them into rule engine at production stage; rules are expressed in JSON format
LibDevice 2.0 Module
- Delivers precise, detailed profiles of connected devices, with fingerprints for 50K+ devices across several hundreds of consumer, enterprise, and industrial device categories
- Closes device visibility gaps in existing solutions and enables product innovation through device awareness
The Most Widely Deployed DPI Engine in Cybersecurity and Networking
Qosmos ixEngine is embedded by the market’s top providers of cybersecurity and networking solutions to meet their traffic visibility needs, including 4 of the top 5 SASE vendors and 3 of the top 4 SD-WAN vendors.
Would you like to discover how you can enhance your solution with accurate, real-time network traffic visibility?
24/7 Coverage Anywhere in the World
Enea has multiple support locations throughout the world, enabling around the clock assistance for customers everywhere.
Our global team of technical experts accompanies customers in the deployment and running of our products to ensure they get the most out of our technology. Maintenance and support plans are packaged to match our customers’ technical requirements and business objectives. They offer various levels of support, maintenance and advisory services as well as regular software and protocol signature updates.
- You can reach our team of expert engineers using our secure Customer Login Portal
Enea’s next-generation DPI engine, Qosmos ixEngine, identifies over 4000 applications and protocols, more than any other on the market.
Qosmos ixEngine: Next-Generation DPI for Maximum Traffic Visibility
Latest Resources and Industry Insights
The decisive factors were the accuracy and scope of their first packet and encrypted traffic classification, their coverage of SaaS apps, and the unprecedented DPI performance we were able to achieve with Qosmos ixEngine® integrated into our Vector Packet Processing (VPP) architecture.Farooq Khan
Founder and CEO
We appreciate the loyal support and customer dedication shown by the Enea team, and we, and our customers, have been well-served by Enea’s innovations not only in deep packet inspection but also in first packet classification and machine learning-enhanced encrypted traffic classification.Ken Tsai
AVP of the Gateway SBU
Our strategy is to offer a scalable and cost-efficient TaaS solution that minimizes business risks and 5G technical challenges, and enables operators to quickly bring simple, highly differentiated, and complete services to their target markets. By embedding Enea’s Qosmos technology, we are able to deliver on this promise, and to ensure a superb experience for both our customers and their subscribers.Ali Boushehri
Director of Product Management,
Strategy & Transformation
Encrypted traffic poses significant visibility challenges for enterprises, so it is critical for solution vendors to develop supplemental or alternative approaches to reduce encrypted traffic risk and widen encrypted traffic visibility, including without the need for decryption. Enea’s new encrypted traffic visibility and MITM threat indication represent precisely the kinds of innovation that are needed to help solution vendors meet this formidable challenge.Eric Parizo
As revenues per subscriber fall and operating expenditures rise, operators value our pragmatic approach to helping them compete on a superior customer experience while conserving precious capital for transformation. With Qosmos ixEngine inside NetQPro solutions, operators can build a strong future and develop applications utilizing collected data to support their business growth without compromising on service quality.Mikolaj Skipietrow
Application awareness is essential for SD-WAN and SASE solutions, but many conventional traffic classification engines score poorly in accuracy, granularity and performance. A solution like Enea’s First Packet Advantage, that operates with high accuracy in first packet mode, brings improved protection and performance to vendors and end-customers.Roy Chua
Founder and Principal
As networks have evolved, it has become critical to implement intelligent network security as a second line of defense to existing endpoint- and perimeter-based threat detection and response systems. This is true for everyone, but especially so for our critical network customers, for whom the stakes of a breach are very high. We are therefore very pleased to partner with Enea to ensure that our platform provides the most effective and reliable network defense possible.Arnold Krille
Head of Development for cognitix Threat Defender