Detailed Traffic Visibility up to Layer 7 with Enea Qosmos Next-Generation DPI Engine
Enea Qosmos ixEngine® is a commercial grade, next-generation Deep Packet Inspection (NG DPI) and classification engine that recognizes over 4500 protocols and applications, more than any other Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) engine on the market.
Delivered as a Software Development Kit (SDK), it is composed of software libraries, modules and tools that are easily integrated into new or existing solutions. Developers of networking and security products benefit from market-leading traffic identification techniques and next-generation network intelligence technology to bring detailed, real-time traffic visibility to their solutions up to Layer 7.
Developed specifically for integration into 3rd party applications, Enea’s next-generation DPI engine, Qosmos ixEngine, removes the need to develop in-house protocol and application recognition capabilities, simplifying product development and accelerating delivery and time-to-market.
Enea Qosmos ixEngine: A Next-Generation DPI Engine
- Identification of protocols and applications behind each IP flow using a combination of advanced techniques including stateful inspection, behavioral and statistical analysis, heuristics, machine learning, etc.
- Extraction of metadata and metrics related to applications, services, data, users, devices, and traffic flows
Protocol Plugin Bundle and Updates
- Enea Qosmos protocol plugin bundle includes thousands of protocol and application plugins to classify flows and extract metadata.
- Our labs continuously monitor protocols and applications updating protocol plugins to ensure they are always up-to-date
First Packet Advantage
- Enables outstanding SD-WAN and SASE performance through a unique first packet processing capability
- Features an innovative, multi-tier cache system that includes hundreds of millions of continuously updated, DPI-validated IP addresses for unrivaled accuracy
Evasive Traffic Pack
- Supports advanced anomaly and threat detection, including potential MITM attacks, with a dedicated suite of evasive traffic classification plugins
- Coverage includes evasive techniques like complex tunneling, file spoofing, domain fronting, and the use of covert communication channels, VPNs, anonymizers and more
- Protects data privacy while preserving the network traffic visibility required for network orchestration, performance management, and cybersecurity
- Methodologies include statistical and behavioral analysis, machine learning, DNS-based classification and the use of the First Packet Advantage cache
Enea Qosmos Next-Gen DPI for Network Traffic Visibility in Cybersecurity Solutions
Enea’s next-generation DPI engine, Qosmos ixEngine, identifies over 4500 applications and protocols, more than any other on the market.
We appreciate the loyal support and customer dedication shown by the Enea team, and we, and our customers, have been well-served by Enea’s innovations not only in deep packet inspection but also in first packet classification and machine learning-enhanced encrypted traffic classification.Ken Tsai
AVP of the Gateway SBU
The decisive factors were the accuracy and scope of their first packet and encrypted traffic classification, their coverage of SaaS apps, and the unprecedented DPI performance we were able to achieve with Qosmos ixEngine® integrated into our Vector Packet Processing (VPP) architecture.Farooq Khan
Founder and CEO
Our strategy is to offer a scalable and cost-efficient TaaS solution that minimizes business risks and 5G technical challenges, and enables operators to quickly bring simple, highly differentiated, and complete services to their target markets. By embedding Enea’s Qosmos technology, we are able to deliver on this promise, and to ensure a superb experience for both our customers and their subscribers.Ali Boushehri
Director of Product Management,
Strategy & Transformation
As revenues per subscriber fall and operating expenditures rise, operators value our pragmatic approach to helping them compete on a superior customer experience while conserving precious capital for transformation. With Qosmos ixEngine inside NetQPro solutions, operators can build a strong future and develop applications utilizing collected data to support their business growth without compromising on service quality.Mikolaj Skipietrow
As networks have evolved, it has become critical to implement intelligent network security as a second line of defense to existing endpoint- and perimeter-based threat detection and response systems. This is true for everyone, but especially so for our critical network customers, for whom the stakes of a breach are very high. We are therefore very pleased to partner with Enea to ensure that our platform provides the most effective and reliable network defense possible.Arnold Krille
Head of Development for cognitix Threat Defender