Where Unstructured Data Fits in 5G
Unstructured Data Storage Function (UDSF)
- According to 3GPP 29.598 (Release 16/Stage3)
- Maintains session data, which enables any network function and application to be stateless.
- Data replicated and synchronised (eventual synchronisation)
- Access control for NFs based on Bind
- Object size <=10 MB (at present)
- Data store for NFs providing scale and resilience
- Data sharing for application functions
- Notification of change from NFs
- Applications using data do not need access the source Network Function instances directly – they can harvest data from a copy
Stratum Network Data Layer is the perfect cloud-native, resilient storage and distribution layer to reduce the complexity of each application storing their own data their own way!