Traffic Visibility that Boosts CASB Performance and Supports Extended CASB Services
As a CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) provider, you are a key enabler of a safe and effective transition to the cloud across all industries. What’s more, as the proportion of cloud-based IT assets and services grows, attracting increasing volumes of malicious activities, organizations are seeking to take a more proactive role in securing their applications and data, wherever they may be, driving demand and creating growth opportunities.
To succeed, your CASB solution must be efficient, rapid and highly accurate when identifying and qualifying risks, and allow the development of appropriate mitigation strategies. The foundation for this, and the key differentiator for your solution, is detailed visibility into cloud app usage.
Effective CASB Solutions Need Real-Time Traffic Intelligence
To effectively monitor and secure traffic between a customer’s approved cloud service providers (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) and users connecting with either managed or unmanaged devices, CASB solutions need real-time traffic intelligence in the form of Next Gen Deep Packet Inspection (NG DPI).
This intelligence can also be used to ensure regulatory compliance for an organization’s use of cloud services, and support attack surface discovery. The performance of your solution therefore depends on the level and quality of traffic flow data to which it has access.
Boosting CASB Performance with Enea Qosmos NG DPI Engine
Enea’s Qosmos ixEngine® is an embedded NG DPI engine that delivers the detail and quality of traffic intelligence that enables application-level monitoring and reporting, allowing your CASB solution to identify and assess potential risks more effectively, raising overall performance and providing the differentiation that will set you apart from other providers.
Qosmos ixEngine provides deep contextual data about applications, users, data, devices, files and flows. This data also supports the development of extended CASB security services, such as DDoS protection, DLP, and malware detection. Offering such services can increase your revenue and boost customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The Role of Enea Qosmos Technology in CASB
Examples of CASB Functions Enabled by Qosmos ixEngine
- Add granularity to CASB policy. Example: add a transaction-based rule that allows users to access YouTube, but not upload any content to it.
- Deploy CASB agents on managed devices – or a data feed from NG DPI-powered SWG – to discover shadow IT apps that should be brought under CASB management. Example: add Dropbox as a sanctioned app (with appropriate rules) after discovering it is widely used within the organization.
- Support safe SSL decryption bypass rules by using ixEngine’s Encrypted Traffic Classification to accurately identify applications and services without decryption.
- Use detailed NG DPI metadata to build behavioral profiles of users so that anomalous behavior can be detected and investigated.
- Use NG DPI output to build a highly compact audit trail of activities for forensic investigations (reduce storage by up to 150x compared to full packet capture).
Benefits for CASB Solutions
- Enhance CASB with shadow IT discovery.
- Create more accurate – and more compact – audit trails.
- Create accurate behavioral profiles for effective anomaly detection.
- Boost performance for high-volume, multi-tenant deployments without sacrificing granular visibility.
- Develop new services that boost revenue and customer satisfaction.
Latest Blogs and Articles
How to Build Stronger SSE Solutions with Next Gen DPI
Two ZTNA Weak Spots that Hackers can Exploit and How to Fix Them
Effective SSE = ZTNA + CASB + SWG + NG DPI
Using Next Gen DPI to Ensure Visibility and Control for Security Service Edge