A HYBRID BETWEEN
Enterprise and Hospitality Wi-Fi
BETTER PATIENT EXPERIENCE
Benefits for Patients
CONTACT WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD
- Patients can make video and voice calls with friends and family.
- Patients in recovery can be keeping up with school or work.
UNDERSTAND THEIR TREATMENT
- Healthcare professionals can visually show patients the exact implications of a given treatment.
- Patients can research their treatment using their own devices.
HAPPY PATIENTS RECOVER FASTER
- Wi-Fi is as close to a home-away-from-home experience as you can get when you’re in a hospital.
- Patients can go about their daily routines through social media and online TV.
PATIENTS STAY INFORMED
- The captive portals can inform patients about things they otherwise may miss.
- The information can be localized down to a single department.
Healthcare Wi-Fi as a Digital Information Board
It used to be that the captive portal was a tool to prevent Internet access for people that hadn’t paid for the Wi-Fi service. Now, it is a powerful tool to communicate with your customers – the patients.
Why not use the captive portal to inform patients of practical details in your department? You will not need the IT department to keep the portal up to date. With our captive portal manager, anyone, for example, the head nurse of a department, can make those updates. It is also possible to schedule updates of portals in time.
The information can be local; Wi-Fi zones can be defined down to a single Wi-Fi access point.
Or Built Something Tailored to Your Specific Needs
Our cloud service should cover most of a healthcare center’s needs. We have deployed healthcare Wi-Fi at large providers such as Dignity Health (former Catholic Healthcare West) and Medstar Health. However, suppose you have special requirements and need advanced integration. In that case, you may choose the Enea Aptilo SMP (software) or SMP-S (service on AWS) with the Enea Aptilo SMP Venue Wi-Fi Manager instead.