Qosmos Releases ixEngine 5.0, Setting a New Standard for IP Classification and Metadata Extraction
The networking industry’s favorite classification and metadata engine becomes more accurate, more efficient, faster, and easier to use
Paris, France, 21 January 2016 – Qosmos®, the market leader in IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology used in physical, SDN and NFV architectures, today announced ixEngine 5.0.
Qosmos ixEngine® is a Software Development Kit (SDK) composed of libraries and tools that are easily integrated into networking and security products. It is already established as the de facto industry-standard for IP classification and metadata extraction engine based on Deep Packet Inspection (DPI). Networking vendors, security specialists, and cloud service providers widely use Qosmos to gain application visibility, accelerate development and benefit from continuous protocol signature updates and strengthen capabilities of new solutions.
With ixEngine v 5.0, Qosmos strengthens its leadership with:
1. Improved Layer 7 classification & metadata extraction
- Industry leading protocol recognition: 2,500 protocols
- New, data-driven protocol classification based on interpreted rules, which increases code stability and reliability
- Easier creation of custom signatures based on new Custom Signature Module
- More flexible application development with new user-defined metadata, in addition to 4,300 stock metadata
2. Enhanced CPU performance
- Optimized traffic analysis at n x 10 Gbps even when extracting a high number of metadata
- Better CPU efficiency thanks to new single-pass traffic analysis
- Portable across all architectures and platforms
3. Easier to use for developers
- Simplified development environment thanks to new APIs
Thibaut Bechetoille, CEO at Qosmos: “Networking and security vendors are asking for real-time understanding of network traffic at wire-speed. At the same time, they want to focus all their development resources on building complete solutions. Qosmos ixEngine is the perfect solution.”
Qosmos leads the market for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology used in physical, SDN and NFV architectures. The company supplies software to vendors who embed real-time application visibility in their products for traffic optimization, service chaining, quality of service, analytics, cyber security and more. Qosmos customers benefit from fast time to market and continuous signature updates for their products. As the leading supplier of IP traffic classification and network intelligence software, Qosmos contributes actively to open source projects and international standards, and serves 75% of the market.