Accurate, Detailed Traffic Insights to Raise the Effectiveness of ZTNA
The Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) model is the cornerstone of SSE (Security Service Edge) and SASE solutions. It provides a flexible and convenient complement to (or replacement for) VPNs while strengthening overall network security. Embedding Enea Qosmos next-generation Deep Packet Inspection (NG DPI) software in ZTNA provides the accurate, detailed application classification and contextual metadata required to more safely authenticate users and continuously assess their trustworthiness.
ENEA QOSMOS DPI TECHNOLOGY
The Data Foundation for ZTNA
- Enables detection of subtle authentication red flags
- Boosts accuracy in trusted-traffic breakout
- Supports fine-grained micro-segmentation
- Improves detection of sophisticated breaches
Next-Gen DPI for ZTNA
Enea Qosmos NG DPI plays a key role in ZTNA, delivering the granular visibility required for rapid, secure and accurate access to private applications (on- or offsite) for unmanaged & managed devices.
Advanced first packet processing allows instantaneous breakout of on-premise traffic to the right SASE/SSE pillar: ZTNA, SWG or CASB. Real-time traffic analysis optimizes monitoring activities and immediately alerts the ZTNA solution to potential breaches allowing rerouting or traffic blocking. It also allows identification of evasive and anomalous traffic, making it easier to detect spoofing attacks, and to identify rogue private applications and devices in shadow IT. Ultra-reliable traffic classification, metadata and threat indicators support advanced micro-segmentation and fine-grained traffic handling rules.
The Role of Enea Qosmos Technology in ZTNA Functions
- Identity-Based Authentication: In ZTNA, users (people, devices, apps, etc.) are authenticated using an identity-based schema that takes context into account. Enea Qosmos ixEngine® supports this process by providing telemetry-based profiles of devices, key location and time data, and identification of private applications and services. This telemetry-based data makes it easier to detect spoofing attacks, and to identify rogue private applications and devices in shadow IT. In the case of on-premise ZTNA authentication, Enea Qosmos ixEngine’s unique first packet processing supports safe, instantaneous breakout of traffic to the right SASE/SSE pillar: ZTNA, SWG or CASB.
- Segmentation: The data gathered in the trust evaluation process is used to support network segmentation, which provides least-privileged access to the target resource. Enea Qosmos ixEngine provides ultra-reliable traffic classification, metadata and threat indicators to support advanced micro-segmentation and fine-grained traffic handling rules.
- Continuous Trust Evaluation: In ZTNA, trust is never granted permanently; it must be continuously earned. This is handled through continuous monitoring supported by Enea Qosmos ixEngine, which provides real-time traffic analysis that includes the identification of evasive and anomalous traffic.
- Adaptive Access Control: If Enea Qosmos-powered monitoring indicates a potential breach, the ZTNA solution can invoke the necessary access controls, such as rerouting or traffic blocking.
Enea Qosmos ixEngine for ZTNA
- Deploy as an SDK, CNF, VNF (Enea Qosmos ixEngine) or Software Sensor (Enea Qosmos Probe) to adapt to continuously evolving network environments.
- Gain the speed and flexibility needed to secure and manage forthcoming 5G mobile networks.
How to Boost ZTNA Performance with Detailed Traffic Visibility
Zero Trust Network Access
Latest Blogs and Articles
Four Pragmatic Ways AI is Already Improving Zero Trust Network Access
Rise of Zero-Trust and SASE Shines New Spotlight on Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
Two ZTNA Weak Spots that Hackers can Exploit and How to Fix Them.
Effective SSE = ZTNA + CASB + SWG + NG DPI.
Enea Qosmos Next-Gen DPI for Network Traffic Visibility in Cybersecurity Solutions