Enea’s share repurchase program finalized and new program initiated
On 18 July 2023, Enea Aktiebolag announced that the Board of Directors, pursuant to the authorization granted by the Annual General Meeting 2023, had resolved to initiate a repurchase program for the period from and including 19 July 2023 to and including 25 October 2023. Within this repurchase program which has now expired, the aggregate 374,790 ordinary shares have been repurchased for an aggregate amount of SEK 17.6 million. The Board of Directors has now decided to exercise the authorization granted by the Annual General Meeting 2023 for a new repurchase program of own ordinary shares for an amount of up to SEK 25 million for the period up to and including 31 January 2024.
At the Annual General Meeting in Enea on 4 May 2023, it was resolved to authorize the Board of Directors to resolve on acquisition and transfer of own ordinary shares. The Board of Directors has now resolved to exercise the authorization regarding repurchase of own ordinary shares for a new repurchase program. Repurchase of own ordinary shares will be carried out in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) and the EU Commission Delegated Regulation 2016/1052 (the so-called Safe Harbour Regulation). Repurchase of ordinary shares will be carried out by an investment firm or credit institution that makes its trading decisions independently of Enea as regards the timing of the repurchase of Enea’s shares. Reporting of completed repurchases will be made in accordance with applicable rules.
The repurchase program is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Repurchase shall take place on Nasdaq Stockholm in accordance with its rulebook for issuers and in accordance with MAR and the Safe Harbour Regulation.
- Repurchase may take place during the period from and including 27 October 2023 up to and including 31 January 2024.
- The number of shares that shall be repurchased may not result in that the company’s shareholding after the repurchase exceeds 10 per cent of the total number of shares in the company.
- Repurchase may only be made at a price per share within the registered price interval at any given time, which refers to the interval between the current highest buying price and the lowest selling price on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Payment for repurchased shares shall be made in cash and the aggregate amount that shall be paid for repurchased shares may amount to at the highest SEK 25 million.
The purpose of the repurchase program is to enable the company to adapt its capital structure to its capital needs over time, and thereby contribute to an increased shareholder value. The current intention is that the repurchased shares will be withdrawn by resolution at upcoming general meetings.
As of today, the total number of shares in Enea amounts to 21,858,231 shares, of which 21,615,231 are ordinary shares with 1 vote each and 243,000 are series C shares with 1/10 vote each. Enea currently holds a total of 387,742 ordinary shares and all 243,000 outstanding series C shares, corresponding to a total of 630,742 shares.
Anders Lidbeck, Acting President and CEO
Phone: +46 8 507 140 00
E-mail: [email protected]
Enea is a world-leading specialist in software for telecom and cybersecurity. The company’s cloud-native solutions connect, optimize, and secure services for mobile and fixed subscribers, enterprises, and the Internet of Things. More than 100 communication service providers and 4.5 billion people rely on Enea technologies every day.
Enea has strengthened its product portfolio and global market position by integrating a number of acquisitions, including Qosmos, Openwave Mobility, Aptilo Networks, and AdaptiveMobile Security.
Enea is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
For more information: www.enea.com