Enea Selected to Deliver Android Demonstration Platform
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, 3 March, 2010 – Enea (NASDAQ OMX Nordic:ENEA) today announced that FatSkunk, an innovative supplier or anti-malware technology for mobile phones, has selected the Enea Android Competence Center (www.enea.com/android) to ensure the rapid delivery of its Android proof of concept. Enea has provided a team of Linux and Android experts to build and test a prototype on which FatSkunk can demonstrate its intellectual property that guarantees the detection of malware on mobile platforms, even if the virus was present before the detection software was installed.
"Enea has demonstrated that it has a deep understanding of the Android platform," said Markus Jakobsson, co-founder of FatSkunk. "That expertise, combined with a flexible consulting team and Enea's proven ability to meet the requirements of the most demanding suppliers in mobile devices were key factors in our selection process."
Enea's Android Competence Center has a focus on the platform and framework level of Android. Enea professional services teams have deep knowledge in Android internals, system integration, file systems, device drivers, operator needs, security and tool development. Enea also offers a flexible module-based training that delivers exactly the knowledge required from a simple overview to a five day complete Android seminar.
"FatSkunk is revolutionizing the detection of mobile malware," said Per Åkerberg, president and CEO of Enea. "We are honored that they have selected Enea to accelerate development and deployment of their unique IP through our knowledge of Android and our skill at delivering integrated mobile software solutions."
Enea's agreement with FatSkunk is just the latest engagement for the Enea Android Competence Center. Other active or completed projects include:
- Platform Extension – one of the largest mobile handset manufactures outsourced the development of the Android framework additions to Enea, while they also implementing the hardware abstractions in tightly coupled cooperation with Enea.
- Device Driver – a market leading touch controller manufacturer required Android drivers for a new touch controller IC. An Enea team of hardware/software experts developed debugged and integrated the prototype ASICs into the Android platform.
- Intensive – a leading supplier of processors and components based in southern Europe needed to jumpstart their knowledge of the Android Platform to ensure they did not miss out on this unique market opportunity. Enea provided a multi-day, hands-on technical seminar at the customer's facility to get their team up to speed.
- Seminar Series – located on-site at one of the largest mobile handset manufacturers. Enea provided critical information to increase knowledge and speed deployment.
- On-site at a global leader in wireless technologies to help them better understand Android internals.
For more information about Enea Android Services: www.enea.com/android
For more information about Fatskunk: www.fatskunk.com