What is provided in the kit?
- flexiWAN - an open source SD-WAN VNF
- pfSense - an open source firewall and security VNF
- Ready-made automation scripts for onboarding and testing
- Extensive step-by-step how-to guide
- How-to video
What do I need to use the evaluation kit?
- one or more uCPEs from any vendor, running Enea NFV Access
- a server for Enea uCPE Manager
Enea NFV Access is a virtualization platform and uCPE operating system. Enea uCPE Manager is an EMS/NMS platform with uCPE management and VNF lifecycle management capabilities.
What can I do with the evaluation kit?
The kit allows you to set up a connection between two or more uCPEs in different branch offices, each running Enea NFV Access. flexiWAN is used to set up a tunnel between the uCPEs and pfSense provides security. Both VNFs are connected in a service chain on each device. The uCPE setup and VNF lifecycle management including day zero configurations is done from Enea uCPE Manager. flexiWAN and pfSense can be managed from their own web based UIs for day 1 configurations.
Do I need my own lab?
No, if you do not want to deploy the evaluation kit in your own lab or on your own hardware, you can use Advantech's remote evaluation service and run your tests in Advantech's lab.
Remote evaluation service for open source SD-WAN on uCPE