Polyhedra Lite is a fast but flexible relational database system for personal use or for use in-house.
Polyhedra Lite is a freeware with reduced-functionality compared to the full 32-bit mode version of Polyhedra, and is available for Windows (on x86) and Linux (on x86 and the Raspberry Pi, plus selected Enea Linux platforms).
The main features of this relational client-server database management system are that
- it is fully ACID-compliant,
- it can be accessed via ODBC and JDBC using SQL,
- the client applications can be on the same machine, or on a different one,
- active queries allow one application to detect when the database has been changed, avoiding the need for polling, and
- to improve both performance and data integrity, part or all of your 'business logic' can be attached directly to the database using the CL trigger language.
Who can use Polyhedra Lite?
Before you download a copy of Polyhedra Lite you have to agree to abide by the latest version of the Polyhedra Lite Software License Agreement (the "SLA", currently on revision 2, dated October 2014). The preamble to the SLA says that, basically, a Lite edition of a Polyhedra product can be used for free, provided you are playing by the rules: mainly, that you shall not distribute it further without explicit permission, nor sell it as a service, nor use it with Polyhedra products other than Lite editions (i.e., Lite editions cannot be used in conjunction with Polyhedra products whose use requires a commercial license), nor expect support.
Polyhedra Developer Site
For detailed technical product information and manuals, please visit the Polyhedra developer site http://developer.polyhedra.com.